||Healthy soil and an unspoilt environment are essential for our life. Soil science and the connected scientific fields are increasingly becoming important research targets. They belong, like economy and ecology, to the most forward-looking themes of our days.
Therefore Guthmann-Peterson will publish in the new scientific focus “Land Resources and Life Sciences – Ecological and Socio-economical Perspectives” studies on soil and land use, also in a dialogue with relevant natural, engineering, social and economical sciences. It is concerned with the use and conservation of soil as well as the cultural landscape and its significance. We plan to foster a substantiated scientific and public discourse.
The prevailing challenges are
- a comprehensive census of the current soil and landscape status and the further development of engineering knowledge
- greatest possible biodiversity
- the development of fair economic systems, also in questions of gender
- measures against poverty and forced migration
- a fair distribution of resources and the sustainable use of the environment for future generations
- the enhancement of regional value creation, human working conditions and satisfactory information on the correlations between consumer behaviour, environmental and working conditions, also in other parts of the world
- urban and regional planning according to the demands of global climate change and dwindling fossil resources
- agricultural and sylvicultural practices focussing on the sustainable provisioning of the population and the conservation of the cultural landscape, including the regeneration of degraded soils
- measures to reduce the detrimental consequences of climate change on regional, national, and international level
- sustainable and ecologically worthwhile economic and financial policy
On the one hand basic approaches and perspectives shall be presented to discuss the large-scale interdependencies and problems, on the other hand practical strategies and best-practice models for everyday shall be developed.
The books will be published according to best modern publishing standards. The publishers are committed to sustainable and resource-saving book production from the very first. E-books will have an important place. In the focus „Land Resources and Life Sciences“ scientific works will appear as e-books and as printed books.
„Land Resources and Life Sciences” is committed to high quality in form and content, but not to any institutional guidelines.
The new publishing focus „Land Resources and Life Sciences“ is supervised by two outstanding and international acting Austrian scientists.
em. Prof. DI Dr. Dr. h. c. mult. W. E. H. Blum
1960-1968 forestry and natural sciences at the universities of Freiburg, Göttingen and Nancy, 1965 graduated forester, 1968 Dr. rer. nat., 1971 postdoctoral lecture qualification in soil science at the university of Freiburg. Furthermore specialized trainings at several universities and research institutions in Germany and France. 1972-1974 university lecturer for soil science in Freiburg. 1975-1979 visiting professor and head of a partner project between the university of Freiburg and the federal university of Paranà in Curitiba/Brazil. 1979-2009 university professor for soil science and head of the Institute for soil research at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (BOKU), Vienna as well as head or senior fellow of several national and international scientific boards and organisations. Numerous honorary degrees, memberships in scientific academies and honorary memberships in national and international organisations.
Prof. DI Dr. Dr. h. c. M. H. Gerzabek
DI Dr. Dr. h. c. Martin Gerzabek read agriculture at the University for Agriculture in Vienna, qualified there for lecturing in soil science and was appointed to a chair for environmental toxicology and isotope application. He was for 19 years active in the Austrian Institute of Technology and is now rector of the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (BOKU), Vienna. Furthermore he is senior fellow in numerous scientific associations as well as corresponding member of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
Submission of manuscripts
In the new publishing focus „Land Resources and Life Sciences (LRLS)“ in the publishing house Guthmann-Peterson will appear studies on soil and soil research and related questions from natural, engineering, social and economic sciences.
If you are interested to publish in LRLS, please do send us your manuscript. You will find detailed informations on our website in the near future (http://www.landresources.guthmann-peterson.de).
Since scientific publications as „Land Resources and Life Sciences“ cannot be financed only by booksales, we are seeking for public support, private sponsors and – if necessary – individual patronage to publish the studies in high quality and short time.
The steps towards a publication in our new focus „Land Resources and Life Sciences“:
- Send us your manuscript or an abstract, the table of contents and a passage of about 20 pages.
- Our editorial board will read your manuscript and decide, whether it is suitable for our publishing focus. When indicated they may suggest amendments or modifications.
- After a positive recommendation of our editorial board the publisher will assess the technical side and calculate the project. The publisher and the editorial board will consider where and how to find funding and maybe sponsorship.
- You will receive a publishing plan and an offer from the publisher. If you agree with it, a written publishing contract will be drafted in which all technical, editorial and financial details are recorded.
- After the contract is signed the layout of the book will be prepared according to a draft for the focus. Either you prefer to do the layout yourself or the publisher will do it for a small fee himself.
- In cooperation with you the publisher will work out a concept for the marketing of your book, including your addresses and contacts and the media to be contacted for reviews.
- Your book will appear as e-book and optionally in a printed version. At that time advertising and PR will set in.